beware of what is lurking in the shadows, for it is as deadly as it may seem..

beware of what is lurking in the shadows, for it is as deadly as it may seem..
the unfinished discourse

Thursday, December 30, 2010

happy new year

ok it has been nearly 4 months since i last blogged, which means that i have failed in my vow to blog every month.! But oh well this feeling comes and goes i guess. The highlights for the months I had gone missing as a blogger were basically the kyushu trip that I went to not too long ago and man it was rather long I felt albeit it being quite enjoyable at times. Well, as usual, it was one of the family-planned trips which needed no tour guide accruing to several reasons:


1) we can choose specifically where we want to go in a certain order and not get led along by the tour guide not knowing where we are going
2) with some research before the trip does indeed make one know clearly where one will be going and hence will be able to maximize one's time, effort and money.
3) having to go on a guided tour also means giving tips to tour guides and leaders, not to mention the profit that has gone into the pockets of the organisations, local and foreign given the number of places actually gone to
4) the mode of transport one can take is the tour bus which limits one as to the types of transport available in the country, which in the case for Kyushu-japan is the JR, shinkansein, bus, street car/tram, cable car, taxi, ferry, subway, etc as well as it being one of the least efficient mode of transport especially when going from the northern to the southern side of the island
5) free and easy! There is no need to cater to the favour/dislikes/problems of other tourists!

but this will be the first time that i fork out my own share of the vacation cost =( Oh well, this year heralds a sense of initiative, self-sufficiency and really puts life to the test. Yay and I have just completed star craft II wings of liberty's campaign modes today and finished watching cycle 6-15 of america's next top model woosh! Now I would be looking forward to bringing my itouch back to life, downloading/watching more movies online and of course continue gaming and learning Jap. Hopefully, I would also create bonding with the piano which I have not played for 2 yrs and my guitar now sitting in my room, and of course not forgetting my preparation for my bioengineering course next year (reading up bio now keke). When it comes to ekking out my own living, what is more to think of than conducting private tuitions and the boring 8-5? Last but not least, to do a mini personal make over both inside and outside!

cheers to a new year!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very helpful content! Works to make overall good sense. Not to mention was in fact obvious to see also.