beware of what is lurking in the shadows, for it is as deadly as it may seem..

beware of what is lurking in the shadows, for it is as deadly as it may seem..
the unfinished discourse

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

cny is approaching!

oh my gosh chinese new year is around the corner, and this means a shorter working week next week! I just can't wait to take a breather from this job of mine at KTPH. Not that it is boring or unchallenging, but rather the feeling of spending 8-5 at home or hanging out instead of the usual humdrum state of life does provide a timely twist to life. I guess life should have some changes here and then but a little would do and a little is enough to revitalize one's soul and mind before adjourning to the second phase of one's work. I guess I haven't stuck to my promise about blogging about current affairs or about food but now I shall hope to cling on to this promise of mine. Now I shall mention about this news:

'Patients come first at Singapore's new medical school'


some quotes:
  • Making sure the patient comes first will be top priority at Singapore's new medical school, and technology will be one way of enhancing comfort and convenience for patients.
  • 'Patient care will not just be lip service. It's the doctor's job to think about the whole totality of care, not just give out prescriptions.'
  • 'And as part of the course, undergraduates could be asked to follow individual patients over several years - say an old person with a chronic illness, or a newborn baby as it grows, to give them a better understanding of the patient as a person.'


    Having read the article, I was affirmed with the belief that as doctors, being able to communicate with the patient even after the patient is discharged, some of whom returning for follow-ups, is important as commitment is the key to seeing a patient through his or her hard times in life. It is all about providing the additional emotional factor to patients who will need it for fast recovery and trust in doctors. Doctors exist because of patients and hence as an emerging university with such a patient-centric approach, I guess this couldn't get any better?


    ....Hmmm saw Rick at the MRT station while on my way to work. It has really been quite some time since I last ORD-died, though it was rather recent only. I would say that productivity, ever since I attain my civilian life, had been average so far. I am still trying to find time for my guitar and also reading up on biology which I haven't done so for weeks. I guess that with 8-5, work just gets into way of so many things that I could possibly do. But it's all for an ultimate purpose, something which I hope would prevail. Saw Guan Guan at Bishan popular too and man was it weird that I travel from bishan to Yishun to work and he did the opposite. I guess the issue of spending on transport is rather pertinent especially when I have completed A levels, hence my hope for the university term to begin when I CAN FINALLY APPLY FOR THE TRAIN CONCESSION PASS! Yeah and of course I hope that the circle line would be up and ready by september!!


    Yay man this saturday evening would be a fine one, chilling out with 5 of my army friends at Fiesta Brasilia, a bazillian buffet restaurant. It has been quite long since I last ate a brazilian style buffet at Carnivore. Well I guess I don't mind going for another shot! With regard to gymming, hopefully I could obtain the GNC pro performance 2200 lbs gold by end this week/month and start training hopefully by March when my 8-5 is gone!!!!


    As for my psp and itouch jailbreak, I am still trying to think of a solution to go about doing it. It just gets frustrating at times. PS3 wise, I guess I should stop bothering to register for that product of mine as it is futile. I should be getting more games come mid-to-end February when life is better. Tuition has already started for me and currently I have 3 groups and I would say the pace is good! I am hoping for better results from my tutees man especially when I am giving my best and trying to improve even further! Oh well....



No comments: